I get a ton of emails every day, most which I just delete after a cursory glance. But newsletters from the chaps at Bluewire Media always get read. The reason? I often learn something new. Plus they believe in the power of sharing and the “thank you economy”. They freely share their own social media planning tools and templates, which I find useful and they also do a bunch of podcasts, webinars and monthly giveaways. Which are also filled with good usable stuff. My advice? Check them out!
Yesterday Bluewire Media turned 10. So congrats to Adam (@Franklin_Adam) and Toby (@Toby_Jenkins) on achieving that milestone, from an independent agency owner here in Singapore! Your reach extends way beyond the shores of Oz, and your monthly competition does too!
Which is why I’d like to say thanks to Adam and Toby for letting me win their December competition.
The prize? Their top 25 marketing books, including their own publication.
Here’s my reading list for the next few months
- The New Rules of Marketing & PR by David Meerman Scott
- Inbound Marketing by Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah
- Permission Marketing by Seth Godin
- Trust Agents by Chris Brogan
- Platform by Michael Hyatt
- Crush It by Gary Vaynerchuk
- The 4-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss
- Purple Cow by Seth Godin
- Epic Content Marketing by Joe Pulizzi
- Youtility by Jay Baer
- Jab, Jab, Jab Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Content Rules by Ann Handley and CC Chapman
- The New Experts by Robert Bloom
- Content Chemistry by Andy Crestodina
- Reality Marketing Revolution by Mike Lieberman and Eric Keiles
- Spin Sucks by Gini Dietrich
- What’s the Future of Business by Brian Solis
- Power Stories by Valerie Khoo
- Unknown to Expert by Catriona Pollard
- Love At First Site by Jon Hollenberg
- microDOMINATION by Trevor Young
- Become a Key Person of Influence by Daniel Priestley
- The 7-Day Startup by Dan Norris
- Engagement from Scratch by Danny Iny
And of course their own book…
25. Web Marketing That Works by Adam Franklin and Toby Jenkins
I’ve no idea how much this competition set them back in terms of book purchases etc. But I do know that Adam and Toby have created something of real value with Bluewire News. If you’re interested to learn from a couple of chaps who’ve done it for themselves, then you can sign up for the newsletter here. I hope you enjoy their content as much as I do.
And here’s a couple of little flipagram thingies I made over lunch using nothing but an iPhone, a pair of scissors and some sticky back plastic.
Here’s to learning more and being open to trying new experiments in 2015 at Blak Labs. Thanks again guys.
4 thoughts on “The power of email and good social content”
I hope you love Spin Sucks!
thanks. Hope so too!
Thanks! I hope so too! Have just started with Seth Godin’s Purple Cow. Even though it’s “old”, it’s still a refreshing read. Look forward to reading yours.
Thanks – thought I’d replied to you on this before so sorry for the delay. Still working my way through the list!